Thursday, April 27, 2006

Go See United 93

I've read some disturbing things on different blogs I frequent about the new movie being released tomorrow, "United 93". Of course, one has to expect liberal bloggers to be totally against a movie about September 11, 2001 and the brave passengers of Flight 93 who fought the terrorists and saved the Capitol building.

But I've heard (and read) some conservatives talk about not going to see this film either. Some say they remember that day and, therefore, don't need to see it. Others say they don't want to line Hollywood's pockets with their hard-earned cash. Still others claim it would be too disturbing to watch.

I say we ALL need to see it. My girlfriend is a little leery about going. But I said, "We have to." We must honor the heroes of that terrible day by seeing this film and remembering what that day felt like. It's the least we can do.

I don't care if you remember already. Go see the movie and remember again. I don't care if you don't like Hollywood. See it for the passengers and their families, not for Hollywood. I don't care if it disturbs you. That day SHOULD disturb all of us. See it anyway. Honor the passengers, reflect on that horrible day, and remember why we fight.

What say you, friend? Will you see this film? Why or why not?
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home