Sunday, June 11, 2006

And the Next President of the United States Will Be...

I told a close friend months ago who I thought would win the Republican presidential primary, and ultimately the presidency, in 2008. He thinks I'm crazy and maybe he's right. But let me remind you that I started looking at then Texas Gov. George W. Bush as a great prospect to win before he had even announced and while I was still a Democrat. So, just keep that in mind.

I've been watching this guy for a while now and, after the Tennessee Straw Poll and this Boston Globe story, I'm more convinced than ever that Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney has the best shot to win of any of the current prospects. I know there could still be some surprise entries (like Texas Gov. Rick Perry) and Romney appears to have a couple of negatives going against him, but he's got what it takes to win.

What say you?
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home