Monday, June 12, 2006

The Perils of Racial Hypocrisy

Sometimes, in order to see the truth, one needs only to open ones eyes. This is how I came to the realization that I had to leave the Democrat Party. After reading about their long history of bad behavior toward Blacks, I knew becoming a Republican was the right thing to do.

I was lead to this conclusion, partly, by reading a fascinating book called, It's Okay to Leave the Plantation: The New Underground Railroad by Clarence Mason Weaver. It was given to me by a very sweet couple when I worked on the Bush presidential campaign in 1999 (as a Democrat). The book really opened my eyes to how badly Black people are treated within the Democrat Party and how much worse we're treated when we attempt to leave it. It's been that way from the days of Jim Crow and not much has changed since then.

Betsy has an excellent post detailing the Dems most current hypocrisy on the issue of racial inclusion within the party. She's a sharp, articulate writer and you'll truly enjoy her insights. I recently come to realize that Betsy's Page is simply a must read.
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home